Wednesday 5 November 2014

Bonfire Night




To mark Guy Fawkes Night, here are two photographs that I took in Bacon Street, London E1 sometime in the late 1980s. I remember that there was a former sweetshop close to where someone had handwritten the prices of their fireworks for sale back in the days before Decimalisation. So when I'd taken these pictures, the handiwork of this unknown fireworks seller had remained on the brick wall for around 20 years. 

This DIY signage has wonderful thick rough-hewn paintwork with further additions of what looks like blue chalk in the passing years. Viewing them now, I wish I'd also taken a wider shot showing the wall in relation to the old shops in the street (all which have since been demolished) - but it was the close-up shot that I was after...

NDOOR / BOXES

"FIREWORKS WITHOUT BOXE'S"

No comments:

Post a Comment