Monday 27 May 2013

Roseland, Cuba

 
Following on from the images that I posted on the 1st day in May, I've just discovered another batch of my photographs taken in Cuba.

This is a selection showing a favourite theme that emerged back in 1992 - snapshots of stationary vehicles that had ground to a halt due to the severe petrol shortage after the Russian withdrawal, post-Soviet era.

I also needed to have that 'Roseland' sign in my collection (Cubano lettering and graffiti to come), so I begin with the odd one out, as it captured a bus on the move.

Was Roseland actually hanging above the centre of the street?


HM 30998


Hotel Packard, Havana
 
shades of blues


stationary on a zebra, Havana
 
This amazing scene has re-appeared in my dreams



Did this car belong to Julio?

No comments:

Post a Comment