Monday, 24 August 2026

Dutch Football Programmes 1960s - 1980s

VVV 1962



NAC Breda 1970


Ajax 1973

NAC Breda 1979



Den Bosch 1973



Utrecht 1975



Den Haag 1977


PSV 1983


For collectors of football programmes, there are umpteen wonderful cover designs to track down and cherish. In the book '1 Shilling - The Football Programme Design Revolution of 1965-85', Matthew Caldwell and myself explored the key designers of that remarkably creative era for football programmes issued in the UK. Nowhere else in the world could compete with the sheer number of programmes being issued on matchdays throughout the UK at this time, but there are some notable productions from around the world. 

This very brief post presents some favourite Dutch football programmes. I've written elsewhere about the legendary Dik Bruynesteyn whose fabulous illustrations appeared on the covers of Ajax's European ties in the 60s and early 70s, as well as Holland's international matches and various European fixtures played in the Netherlands. 

I'm keen to learn more about the designers responsible for the other examples that I've highlighted here - and of course any other super designs that I should know about!


 

Ajax 1968

No comments:

Post a Comment